Glenlea Park job description
Glenlea Park Poll Merino Stud is looking for a highly motivated, experienced individual to assist in the day to day operation of a livestock and mixed cropping property.
Glenlea Park is a poll merino stud comprised of 2000 stud sheep run on 4000 acres. We also undertake a broadacre cropping program of 2500 acres, which includes pasture establishment. Glenlea Park is located 15km from the town of Pinnaroo in South Australia and 30km from Lameroo. Both towns offer local services including schools and hospitals and Adelaide is a 2.5 hour drive away.
Applicant must possess the following:
· A strong work ethic with attention to detail
· Ability to work independently
· Must show initiative
· Willingness to work extra hours when required
· An ability to successfully manage the property when the owner is absent due to increasing stud industry obligations
· Current full driver’s licence
Some of the duties the successful applicant will be expected to perform (and therefore have previous experience in) include but are not limited to:
· Sheep husbandry (own dog an advantage)
· Pasture development and maintenance
· Service of plant and equipment
· Fencing and water repairs and installation
· Chemical handling (spraying)
· Monitoring and feeding
As we are looking for someone with managerial qualities, we are prepared to negotiate a generous remuneration package including work vehicle (yearly salary, not hourly payment). This job is a full time, permanent position and we are looking for someone willing to commit long term to the operation after a 3 month trial period. This job is not suitable for visa holders or tourists looking for short term positions.